måndag 15 januari 2018

Day 4 - Tumor in my liver


No picture as a header, don't want to take the time to find one. Just a quick summary of last few days...

Update Wednesday: Added header picture, looked so odd without one.

Part of a series:
Another reminder of mortality
Day 4 - Tumor in my liver
First week - tumor in my liver
Second week - tumor in my liver
Third week with liver cancer
Liver cancer, surgery
6 weeks post-op, news time
Cancer update
Liver cancer, Post-op 2
June Update 2018

Friday:
I sent my wife to work, better for her to continue her routine as long as possible. My sister came over to keep me company, a good thing I guess given the circumstances. Had a long talk about pretty much whatever. Also called my mother to tell her that I was sick, again.... She took it good, my family has overcome a lot of things and this is just another of those things.. Of course they are worried but they know that it is not the end.

Saturday:
Got up early, couldn't sleep. Trainer for an hour, low intensity just to clear my mind.
We went to my mother in law, just wandering in the snowy woods and taking a day off. Her family are a little bit more outgoing with their worry. They have taken this hard.

Sunday:
Spa day, just me and the wife.... Evening spent with filling in 'the white archive' (vita arkivet in Swedish). A page where you write down how you want to be buried.

Monday:
Told my boss, the team, the extended team and our next door neighbors.
Booked time with lawyer for Tuesday for consultation regarding last will. You know, if shit hits the fan.. Not that it will, but it is always good to have your business in order and not leave a mess..
Went for a 2K run during lunch.


Why I am writing this? Not to feel sorry for myself, but as a way to handle the situation and hopefully someone else out there in a similar situation can find this helpful as well. The human body is strong and hopefully I'll come out of this stronger as well. Plan for the worst and hope for the best!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Featured Post

Cancer and Chemotherapy

I thought that I'd cross-post this here for information.  The full post is available here . They found something blocking my bile d...