onsdag 2 november 2016

Work to Live, Don't Live to Work

woman dressed in black jacket and black cap seemingly happy with life

Six years ago I worked in another city and spent 2 hours each morning and evening to commute and putting in the extra effort every time it was needed. After a summer vacation when I sat down in my car I wondered what the hell I was doing with my life. As the fall moved on I decided to look for a new job and found one 10 minutes from home. It was one of the easiest decisions in my life to just take it.
The day before I signed the new contract I ended up in a meeting with my current manager, it was the kind where you try to figure out what your future is at the company. After 45 minutes of me trying to not answer straight we decided to discuss the elephant in the room. I told her that I was going to take another job and probably hand her my resignation the day after tomorrow.
It turned out that she was a good boss, and she understood and told me to remember that
We don't live to work, its the other way around. We work so that we can live.
After that we had a quite good and relaxed discussion about life in general and future plans.

Thought I'd share, maybe it motivates someone out there. For me, it was the advice I needed and it has helped me with work/personal balance questions from that day onward. :)

Take the first step to financial freedom: Stabilize your economy,
Brew your own beer and start doing stuff on your bucket list.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Featured Post

Cancer and Chemotherapy

I thought that I'd cross-post this here for information.  The full post is available here . They found something blocking my bile d...