onsdag 9 november 2016

My Current Plan, 2016 November


This month, it seems like the media around the globe has gone nuts regarding the US presidential election. Here in Sweden, it is actually hard to find local news.
Prior to the election day, media spun up a scenario where the markets would plummet if Trump won. Quite the doomsday prophesies, a lot of backstory where everybody seemed to agree that Clinton would win.

And this morning, 15 minutes before the Nasdaq OMX Stockholm market opened, it was clear that Trump was elected the 45th president of the United States, The headlines were:'Shock! Markets will plummet!", and at 0900 the markets opened and it was basically business as usual. As always the analysts seem to read a negative 1% as something huge and try to make it into something that it is not.
Now, 10 hours later the headlines are:
Looks dark for Swedish companies
Svenska Dagbladet
Aptite is back on Wall Street
- Dagens Industri
Some optimistic, some are still pessimistic and some news outlets focus on the recent snow clouds in Stockholm.

What amazes me is how much the media can spin the stories. Are people actually surprised and shocked? Or is it just the media that expects people to be shocked? It seems like the market learned from the brexit vote, but the media didn't.
Once again it seems that the modern day journalism leaves a lot to wish for.

So how does all this affect my investment plan?

Not at all.
To quote Warren Buffet:
Look at market fluctuations as your friend rather than your enemy; profit from folly rather than participate in it.
- Warren Buffet
Meaning that I bought this months ratio of shares in my favorite bank earlier this week. Swedish banks are rising after a year of red.. But I don't really care as I have my plan. And it contains a lot of buy and very little sell over a very long time period.
If the markets react negatively to for some reason, Trump or other, I have the possibility to act on that disaster opportunity by using some of our ordinary savings account. But for the time being, nothing like that is planned.

So sticking to the plan

Hope this gives some motivation to other people starting out in building their own future :)

Disclaimer. I am in no way an expert on capital management or investing. On this blog I only wish to share my findings, ideas and comments on current events and fields that interest me. I hope that my thoughts can entertain you. I expect that everyone reading take their time and do their own research before acting on anything read on this blog. Investing is not for everyone. E&OE.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Featured Post

Cancer and Chemotherapy

I thought that I'd cross-post this here for information.  The full post is available here . They found something blocking my bile d...