fredag 2 februari 2018

Third week with liver cancer


The test results show that I am not an alcoholic.
Well that is good to know!
Day by day summary of the third week after I got to know that I have a cancer in my liver.

Part of a series:
Another reminder of mortality
Day 4 - Tumor in my liver
First week - tumor in my liver
Second week - tumor in my liver
Third week with liver cancer
Liver cancer, surgery
6 weeks post-op, news time
Cancer update
Liver cancer, Post-op 2
June Update 2018

Saturday
Ordinary Saturday. Grocery shopping with wife... Installed new pet door that I also wrote an first impressions article about.
No training: Rest day

Sunday:
Another day at home. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Traning: 1 hour 30 minutes incrementing resistance on the trainer

Monday
Work work. Starting to feel like I want to know the actual date for the surgery now to be able to plan. Living with 'things will happen in the near future' for the third week is starting to become a bit hard on the psyche.
Training: 42 minutes threshold on trainer

Tuesday
Got the call, next Monday morning at 0600 I will enter the hospital in Gothenburg and go into surgery! Hotel from Sunday to Monday and a taxi in the morning is booked.
Training: 5K fast paced walk

Wednesday
Sneezed some times and got really tired so decided to go home at lunch to rest instead of getting sick now. Hopefully this is just a scare as I do not know if they will do the surgery on Monday if I got the cold. Have no idea.
Slept the afternoon and took it easy during the evening, totally beat.. Think my body is telling me to stop.
Training: No training


Tuesday
Home. Went for a walk. Nothing much else, just taking it easy and reading book on F#. Not that worried about the Monday surgery, more worried that I will catch something and it gets re-booked to a later date.
Training: 4K medium paced walk

Friday
The countdown has started. No more Xarelto until after the surgery. Instead I'll take Fragmin shots for 3 evenings.
So... 3 days to go... Trying to not think about it. Stayed home today as well. Don't want to risk catching anything at work as pretty much every other person is coughing...
Training: 4K walk and some strength training




Why I am writing this? Not to feel sorry for myself, but as a way to handle the situation and hopefully someone else out there in a similar situation can find this helpful as well. The human body is strong and hopefully I'll come out of this stronger as well. Plan for the worst and hope for the best!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Featured Post

Cancer and Chemotherapy

I thought that I'd cross-post this here for information.  The full post is available here . They found something blocking my bile d...