fredag 2 februari 2018

My current plan, February 2018


So evidently I did not have a My current plan post for January, but I think I got it covered in all the other posts I made last month.

So, plan for February. Survive and get rid of the cancer in my liver.

Investment news are in. My favorite candy maker released their annual report.. They did not raise their ordinary dividend this year, it will be the same as last year but they double it with the same amount in extra dividend. So yay for us as we have bought even more shares during the year. The share also went up 8% on the report but that is not so important for me as I am not selling in the near future... Just means that I probably will not buy more of the shares before the dividend has been removed from the price.
The bank that I invest in raised their dividend with the expected 0.25 SEK. Still a strong report. No big surprises.

So the question is where should I put this months investment?
Candy maker is out as the market is after the extra dividends, I am not going to pay the extra 8 per cent for the 5 per cent dividend.
Bank is still a nice option. It did not gain the extra weight after the annual report, but knowing the market it will still drop the amount after the payout.
Other options? Going through my short list and nothing that is interesting... So I've read some reports from various companies and done some research, one of the clothing companies that were on my short list and the one that I've kept track of most did a blunder this year. They allowed in some uncertainty in their dividends program with the option to receive shares instead of dividends. This is an alarm if anything....
In the end: Will it be the bank or something new? Not the best month to buy into stuff as the market is wild after the overall pretty good report season but one thing popped out. Two companies with really RED numbers. One, I already dismissed above as they also made a dividend change that reeks of bankruptcy, but the other.. Well... Evidently one of the large owners did a big buy in directly after the report and knowing how his investments usually go, long term and real changes, I will do the same. So welcome to the third business in my portfolio: the telecom services provider.
(I am not counting the bonus shares received from my employer as I did not make an active choice and will not buy more on my own as long as I work there.). For the first investment I am throwing in some extra cash from our savings account to get it off the ground.
From now on each month I will have 3 choices for my money maker:
  • Candy maker
  • Bank
  • Telcom services provider
And as always I am not namedropping the companies as I think that you, the reader, should do your own research and not follow my lead. Read up on reports, find your own plan (I recommend index funds if you want minimum hassle) and follow it.



Until next time: Challenge yourself to do something new

Disclaimer. I am in no way an expert on capital management or investing. On this blog I only wish to share my findings, ideas and comments on current events and fields that interest me. I hope that my thoughts can entertain you. I expect that everyone reading take their time and do their own research before acting on anything read on this blog. Investing is not for everyone. E&OE.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Featured Post

Cancer and Chemotherapy

I thought that I'd cross-post this here for information.  The full post is available here . They found something blocking my bile d...