fredag 31 mars 2017

Update, week 11 of pulmonary embolism recovery


For the full story see:
An abrupt reminder of mortality.
Update, week 3 of pulmonary embolism recovery
Update, week 4 of pulmonary embolism recovery
Update, week 5 of pulmonary embolism recovery
Update, week 11 of pulmonary embolism recovery
Update, 12 months after pulmonary embolism
Another reminder of mortality (here we go again)

This will be my last update in this series if nothing major happens. This post is just for wrapping up things and sharing my training plan and progress for motivation for others. : )


So been a while since last update but things have moved to the better and I think I am back to normal now and starting to get a routine on the xarelto medicine. It is starting to become part of life.
This is a picture of my training calendar for the first 3 months of 2017. I've color coded it to show the time schedule from when I first noticed that something was wrong, to the hospital stay and the recovery period afterwards. When the color coding ends I was able to do a pretty hard workout on a trainer.
This week, went lunch cycling with my team and made a personal best on a hill climb. Did not see that coming.
garmin fenix 3 hr, showing run at 5:16/km pace

Also, mid Mars I started to run again to get more intensity on the lungs and as you can see, the pace has increased in a nice fashion even though this weeks run was maybe a little too much. Not far, just 1300 meters but nice progress.



2 months ago, I did not think the progress would be this fast. The doctors told me 3 months recovery until I would be back to normal but I guess it depends on the person and what state you were in before and how determined you are on getting back. Make it a goal and gradually increase the training intensity. Don't forget to rest when your body says so and stop when needed. Little by little, progress will be made and you will be back in no time!

Why I write this

I don't write this to feel sorry for myself or whatever. Just to share an experience, maybe ease for someone else that has the same diagnosis. You don't have to be old to get this, I am myself 33. I've always categorized this as something to look forward to when I get older. But life is full of surprises and luckily we humans are capable of adapting :)

Until next time: Work to Live, Don’t Live to Work

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Featured Post

Cancer and Chemotherapy

I thought that I'd cross-post this here for information.  The full post is available here . They found something blocking my bile d...