fredag 5 maj 2017

My current plan, 2017 May


Another month has passed and the outside world is moving in a leisurely way.
The terror attack on Stockholm was solved fast, I am quite impressed with how fast a small country like Sweden was able to mobilize its police force and take control of the situation.
On other news, the Brexit carousel is moving forward at a steady pace but it seems like the markets don't really care as prices are still moving upward. I am currently waiting on a correction to happen but just like all other timings of the market, I'm not really counting on it.

Q1 report season passed during April, nothing new on the companies that I am focused on. They are still 2 good companies that grow.. So why should I look elsewhere?

So. Stick to the plan, continue to buy one of my 2 options, this month I ended up buying the bank. As a happy surprise my own bank Länsförsäkringar had lowered the brokerage fee from 100 SEK to 20 SEK. This actually makes a huge impact on my small transactions each month. Just to give an example:

Share price Broker fee Shares bought Total fee Total price per share Overhead per share
82,15 SEK 99 16 88,69 SEK 6,54 SEK
85,15 SEK 99 19 89,58 SEK 4,43 SEK
77,20 SEK 99 23 81,39 SEK 4,19 SEK
102,30 SEK 99 18 107,80 SEK 5,50 SEK
105,60 SEK 20 20 106,40 SEK 0,80 SEK

So, no large sums. But as I've said before, I'm just starting out. But from the example above the benefit of lower brokerage fee is clearly seen on the overhead per share. Buying with a high brokerage fee is like buying at a higher price then you thought you did.
Make sure that you always record both the market price of the share you bought and the actual total fee you paid to make a follow up.

But enough of that for now. Spring is here, 20 degrees Celsius in the sun and I'm enjoying a bottle of homemade cider.

photo of home made apple cider in a glass with bottle in background and house even further back


Until next time: Work to Live, Don’t Live to Work

Disclaimer. I am in no way an expert on capital management or investing. On this blog I only wish to share my findings, ideas and comments on current events and fields that interest me. I hope that my thoughts can entertain you. I expect that everyone reading take their time and do their own research before acting on anything read on this blog. Investing is not for everyone. E&OE.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Featured Post

Cancer and Chemotherapy

I thought that I'd cross-post this here for information.  The full post is available here . They found something blocking my bile d...